The four traits of the Indie Capitalism are:
- It’s local, not global, and openly cares about the community and jobs.
- It’s not transactionally, but socially, based.
- It’s a maker system of economics based on creating new value, not trading old value.
- Materials and products are embedded with heightened meaning.
When I look at these four traits of indie capitalism, three foundational building blocks can be extracted:
- Relationships – Between people, cultures, the world and its raw materials.
- Emotional Import – People have histories and they live in contexts that can sometimes dehumanize. People need to feel!
- Value – This is often tied into the emotional level of experience. When products or services uniquely meet needs, and they’re shared in the context of relationships, they have value. This goes beyond technological value. Things have value because of the story they tell.
How well does your organization emphasize, or enable REV! ?
Relationships – Emotion – Value
Society is enabling people to conduct business in ways that build upon these.
It’s intimate and it’s provocative.
It pulls people in as opposed to pushing product out.
Ignore it at your own risk…